iMultiply is working in partnership with IndiNature in their search for a Part- time and permanent Financial Controller which can be based in central or south east Scotland
IndiNature is leading the way in cleantech construction materials. It was founded to make the largest possible positive impacts on the climate, the environment and people's health. We care about people and the planet.
The company is currently launching a natural insulation manufacturing mill in the Scottish Borders in a 40,000ft2 building - the only one of its kind in the UK. Raw materials include industrial hemp and flax fibres from UK farmers. These are processed through a non-woven textiles production line.
IndiNature is championed as a new leader in cleantech and biotechnology and is backed by the Scottish National Investment Bank, Zero Waste Scotland and South of Scotland Enterprise - this is an exciting opportunity to join this award-winning young company early and grow with it.
The Role of Financial Controller is a newly created role reporting directly to the CFO, the role will ultimately be responsible for the day to day running of the finance function it will also support other business operations. This is a key role in the company. At this early stage of the company the small number of staff members have defined roles but also necessarily contribute to a variety of work as needed. You will need to be flexible and enjoy working in a fast-moving and fast-changing environment as the business develops and becomes more established.
You will enjoy problem solving and finding creative solutions. As a key member of the team, you will share the same values and drive to improve the climate and the environment. Control and budgeting of capital spend during the initial two year will be key.
The role will have primary responsibility for the following:
- Oversee all company accounts and investments.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Supervise financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Work with the company’s auditors
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research, data reports and guidance from Senior staff.
- Review financial plans and budgets to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculation.
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information.
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
Management & Supervision
- You will report to the CFO. Supervision and direction will be provided by the Chief Executive and Chief Business Officer, with peer support and collaboration with other managers.
- You will supervise the Business Administrator / Bookkeeper, and work closely with other staff, freelancers, consultants and partners.
Essential experience / qualifications
- Accounting qualification or qualified by experience
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Can build a set of Excel reports that are robust and reliable
Desirable but not essential experience / qualifications
- Start-up experience
- Xero accounting package
- Can build a complex Excel model
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Adaptable to change
- Ecological values
This Financial Controller role is offered on a part-time, permanent basis with a competitive salary and great benefits package. The role offers flexible hybrid working with occasional attendance at their office in Edinburgh City Centre as well as the manufacturing site in Jedburgh
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’.
For more information on this please contact Andrew Robinson on 07592 203080 or email him at email@example.com.