iMultiply is engaged by one of the largest FMCG businesses in Scotland in their search for a Management Accountant based in Lanarkshire on a full-time basis. This role will be required to work on site full time and study support is available.
A true market leader, this company has an outstanding, globally recognised brand driving this diverse and complex organisation. Their track record for staff retention and internal promotion is second to none. With a rich, decades long history of operations and following significant recent investment in infrastructure, the company is currently undergoing a period of significant change, of which finance is at the core. This change and modernisation strategy has resulted in the creation of this new role within the finance team.
This Management Accountant will report into the Senior Finance Business partner and with an open and flat culture, will also be regularly interacting and learning from their experienced colleagues, Head of Finance, Finance Director and CFO.
Working within the group finance team, the role will be responsible for the production, provision, and analysis of daily, weekly, and period MI to the business. Through close business partnering across various operational functions, the role will understand / challenge the drivers of performance to continually maximise financial performance.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Timely and accurate production of weekly & period management accounts across business units,
- Understanding key drivers of performance through business partnering with operational departments,
- Provide financial support to commercial managers on the preparation of product cost / tender processes / performance reviews,
- Work collaboratively, and proactivity, with the wider finance team to continually improve MI to meet the changing requirements of the business,
- Undertake both weekly and period commercial sales and margin analysis,
- Monitoring ERP system stock movements across the business,
- Ad-hoc project work when required,
- As a team provide cover for holidays and sickness when required,
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- A strong understanding of management accounting and business partnering, ideally gained within an FMCG environment,
- Degree in accountancy or a similar relevant qualification,
- Holder of / or studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification,
- Experience of ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Navision,
- Strong level of IT literacy, particularly Excel.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Be an engaged team player, both within and out with a finance context,
- Demonstrate a tenacity to understand the business and the drivers of its financial performance,
- Have a strong process focus, a logical approach, and stronganalytical ability,
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset combined with a high level of proactivity.
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis with a salary up to £45,000 depending on experience. This role will operate full time on site in Lanarkshire to support the operations of the business.
Further to the salary this role comes with the offer of full study and exam support, 31 days holiday and 8 times salary death in service life insurance.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’.
If you like the look of this vacancy and think you could perform the role, but, you don't think you meet all the requirements, please DO APPLY for this opportunity. Data shows that certain groups, mainly women and people from Black and Minority communities, are less likely to apply for jobs where they don't meet 100% of role requirements. iMultiply would encourage you to apply for roles where there is room for development and growth."
For more information on this Management Accountant position please contact Stuart Cadger at our Glasgow Office.
M: 07732 499 307