iMultiply are delighted to be working on a retained basis with IMV Imaging, the market leader in veterinary imaging solutions, who currently have an exciting vacancy for a dynamic and ambitious Management Accountant.
IMV Imaging is a vibrant, growing business with offices in Scotland, Ireland, France, USA and India, with distributor sales in 30 additional countries.
IMV are the market leader in veterinary imaging solutions, with well-established clinical learning, field sales and service teams who are experts in Ultrasound, Radiography, CT & MRI, as well as designing and manufacturing our core ultrasound portfolio for the farm veterinarian.
IMV have a true dedication to their staff, recognised with Investors in People status. Over the years, the business has maintained a low staff turnover, in part down to the culture within the team and the dedication to ensuring a happy and collaborative workplace. With over 500 staff, they are committed to our core values; Partnership, Innovation and Learning.
Working within a team of 5 in a finance department of a UK based manufacturing business with foreign subsidiaries. The finance department based in Bellshill is responsible for the finance of UK, Ireland and South African companies. This will be a challenging role and the supportive environment created by the management team will ensure that you develop new skills, while improving existing ones. You will have a fantastic opportunity to work towards your professional qualification and they see this role as a key part of the company’s long-term succession planning.
The role involves working across the different companies in multiple currencies. The main aspects of the role would cover:
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and finance team members to drive continuous improvement within the finance department.
- Build strong relationships across the business at all levels.
- Ensuring accuracy of raw data for all Entities.
- Transacting monthly journals including accruals and prepayments.
- Carry out month-end routine along with Finance Manager to ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Completing monthly bank reconciliations for each Entity.
- Preparation and submission of VAT and other returns as required.
- Input and maintain parent company’s lease reporting system.
- Assist in the submission of monthly statutory reporting into the parent company’s reporting system.
- Balance sheet reconciliations including intercompany.
- Monthly analysis of debtor and creditor accounts, helping finance team to resolve any issues arising.
- Assist with year end audit of the group companies. Liaising with external advisors.
- Processing and admin of insurance
- Assist Finance Manager with duties and information required with merger and acquisitions.
- Performance of any ad-hoc duties as requested by Finance Manager.
Competencies/ key characteristics required:
- Stays on top of priorities; focused and disciplined approach to managing own time.
- A team player with the ability to use their own initiative.
- Can identify and communicate trends in both financial and non-financial information
- Desire to work outside the finance team with the wider business.
- Happy working as part of a small team, willing to get hands on when needed.
- Willingness to learn and build on current knowledge.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Studying ACCA or QBE; (potential to support further education)
- Previous experience in a multi-national business is desirable but other experience would be considered.
- Demonstrable experience of working in management accounting or financial management.
- Strong communication skills; ability to engage with non-finance colleagues about financial topics; ability to use tact, skill and diplomacy as and when required
- Excellent IT skills including Excel; Power BI and Power Point
- Previous knowledge of ERP accounting package is essential; knowledge of SAP B1 is desirable.
- Knowledge of UK VAT; previous experience of international VAT desirable.
This is a Full-Time role offering a salary of between £33,000 - £37,000, performance related bonus, pension scheme and flexible benefits. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is currently studying towards their ACCA Qualification and would like to develop their career in a supportive, dynamic environment.
Please do not hesitate to contact Alex Hill on 07563028681 or email@example.com for a private & confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.