iMultiply is supporting this PE backed manufacturing SME scale up in their search for a Head of Finance to join the team outside Edinburgh.
This role will be based in East Lothian, working on a hybrid basis with a salary up to £70,000 depending on experience.
This established manufacturing SME business has recently been acquired by PE as part of a wider, strategic market position. The intention is to continue to scale up the business over the coming years to work towards an exit.
The most exciting element of this role for an ambitious and driven, qualified accountant is the opportunity to gain experience in a PE environment while being coached and mentored by the Portfolio CFO with a wealth of PE experience who is also supporting the business. This is an opportunity to; join the senior management team, take ownership of the operation of the finance department, build your own team, ensure the delivery of business partnering to the wider business and take responsibility for managing the PE relationship with an experienced mentor already in place to support.
This is a broad scoped role in a small SME so responsibilities beyond finance include company secretarial and IT matters.
Financial, Reporting and Analysis
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and cashflow, pro-actively responding to anticipate and manage issues before they occur,
- Produce timely monthly Management Accounts (including profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow), including KPI reporting, variance analysis and other management information,
- Lead the annual Statutory Accounts/ Audit process, liaising with auditors as required,
- Co-ordinate preparation of monthly Board Pack, taking direct responsibility for Financial sections.
- Support CEO, and Group CEO / CFO, with other analysis and information for Board as required/ appropriate,
- Lead the annual Budget process, ensuring meaningful and challenging targets/budgets are in place within an appropriate timescale,
- Lead interaction with HMRC (Corporation Tax, VAT, PAYE etc),
- Work with the Senior Management Team to provide financial analysis on projects (for example, investment appraisals, capital expenditure proposals),
- Work with the CEO, wider Senior Management Team, and other stakeholders (including Group CEO / CFO) to positively drive performance,
- Analyse financial trends, identify issues and escalate as appropriate – in particular ensuring costs are monitored and controlled,
- Lead interactions with bankers, asset financers, lawyers etc.
- Manage IT provision (systems and hardware),
- Oversee ERP system, and continually develop more sophisticated reporting.
- Ensure that adequate financial controls and risk management processes are in place, and carry out regular audits to ensure that processes are adhered to,
- Actively manage IT and cyber risks, pro-actively engaging internally/externally as required,
- Lead interaction with insurers, including annual renewal and any ad-hoc interaction,
- Liaise with external risk assurance consultants.
- Fulfil Company Secretarial tasks, including liaison with legal counsel at Private Equity Shareholder as appropriate (training will be provided as required).
Development & Management
- As part of the Senior Management Team, contribute to strategic and business improvement,
- Provider leadership, development & mentoring to the Finance & IT teams,
- Take an active role in developing new business ideas and preparing robust business models,
- Constructively challenge assumptions, processes and decisions as necessary.
Alignment with Company Values
- Ensure department objectives align with the company's values, particularly focusing on sustainability and environmental responsibility.
The ideal candidate
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS, ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA),
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and ideally also Sage accounting software,
- Strong experience and understanding of FRS102,
- Strong organisational, problem solving and numeracy skills,
- A can-do, positive attitude with a willingness to provide support and assistance to colleagues,
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail,
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to meet deadlines,
- Able to handle confidential data sensitively.
What's on offer
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis with a salary up to £70,000 depending on experience. The role will offer a hybrid approach to office-based work also.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’.
If you like the look of this vacancy and think you could perform the role, but, you don't think you meet all the requirements, please DO APPLY for this opportunity. Data shows that certain groups, mainly women and people from Black and Minority communities, are less likely to apply for jobs where they don't meet 100% of role requirements. iMultiply would encourage you to apply for roles where there is room for development and growth."
For further information and a confidential chat, please contact Stuart Cadger.
M: 07732 499307