iMultiply are delighted to be retained on an excellent opportunity to join Blackwood as a permanent Head of Finance. Blackwood have offices based in Edinburgh city centre but this role could attract candidates throughout central Scotland with their hybrid working policy. The role is offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Blackwood is an award-winning Housing and Care provider specialising in homes and care services for people with disabilities.
Across Scotland, Blackwood has 1600 properties, 3 care homes, and delivers 10000 hours of care, working in 29 out of 32 local authorities. It provides homes, care and support for adults with disabilities and older people to enable them to live independently.
The Head of Finance is a key position within the senior management team, reporting to the Director of Finance and Strategic Partnerships (DoFSP). The successful candidate will be a proven business partner who is able to support the organisation to achieve significant growth and ensure a long-term sustainable future through the delivery of its Business Plan.
Bringing the right qualities and experience as an influencing and inspiring manager the Head of Finance will continue the development of the Finance Team through coaching, training and building expertise to support the delivery of Blackwood’s Business Plan.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
Manage the finance team to support the delivery of Blackwood’s Business Plan.
- Ensure the Finance function is efficiently managed, including production of returns, ensuring compliance with any conditions; production of timely and accurate budgets and accounts; effective treasury management, and the provision of an effective financial management and financial planning service.
- Act as a member of the Senior Management Team and deputise for the DoFSP as required.
- Ensure a high standard of preparation and presentation of all financial information to Senior Management, Committees and Boards and other forums as required.
- Advise and support the DoFSP on all aspects of financial management and planning.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Blackwood’s policies including those relating to health and safety, emergency procedures, equal opportunities, code of conduct and disciplinary procedure, and service standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Regional Managers have the required financial support in place to enable them to make informed decisions about their services.
Preparation of management information to support the delivery of the business plan:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and quarterly reforecasting.
- Continuous development of financial management information.
- Monitor and manage the cash position of Blackwood to ensure the continual compliance with all banking covenants, maintaining banking relationships.
Participate in the development and review of strategic plans for Blackwood.
- Lead on the revenue and capital budgeting and 5-year financial plan process.
- Support colleagues in financial planning for current and future activities, including developing forecasting tools, option appraisals, and reporting systems.
- Support the delivery of operational plans to maximise the financial return on investment.
Internal Controls and Audit
Ensure Blackwood’s financial management arrangements comply fully with legal, contractual, regulatory and audit requirements.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate financial policies, procedures and control measures are in place.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and act as a key contact with the External Auditors.
- Managing the Blackwood insurance claims and renewals with the Property Investment Manager to minimise any financial impact.
- Ensure that all aspects regarding payroll are complied with and that employees are paid correctly and on time.
- Maintain competence including relevant financial regulation through CPD.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties consistent with the scope and purpose of the post as may be instructed by the DoFSP.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following experience:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA etc.)
- Experience of staff management and development
- Strong technical accounting background and Proven project management experience
- Understanding of strategic management, business planning and how these relate to budgets /finance
- Demonstrable understanding of finance legislation and best practice as it applies to Blackwood
- Experience of reviewing and updating KPIs, management and financial reporting, and board pack,
- Experience reviewing and updating finance systems, controls and processes.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy with the organisation’s values
The position of Head of Finance will offer a salary of £53,293 - £57,614 per annum plus an excellent benefits package. The organisation is looking to appoint on a full- time permanent basis and the office premises are located in Edinburgh city centre although remote working will also play a big part of the role.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Andrewrobinson@imultiplyresourcing.com
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’.