iMultiply are working in retained partnership with Quin Global with the appointment of a Group Financial Controller based in Perth. The role offers an excellent career opportunity with a competitive salary and benefits package.
What is Quin Global?
Quin Global is an innovative and ambitious brand in the adhesives manufacturing market, with a fast-growing customer base across the UK and Europe.
With offices located in Perth, Scotland and Heiloo, the Netherlands, company location and production facilities are strategically placed to generate a comprehensive array of specialist adhesives for a vast range of industries right across EMEA.
Our people-first culture puts quality, simplicity and safety at the heart of everything we do. We’re breaking the mould on industrial adhesives, innovating to create products that are faster, better for the environment and less harmful for the user, thus empowering our customers to do their best work. Our adhesive products are already answering questions other brands haven’t even thought to ask.
Our vision is clear: we want the Quin brand family to become synonymous with adhesive innovation all over the world. We’re looking for an experienced, technically-astute individual to support those objectives with visionary financial strategy and laser-focused insight.
What’s the Role?
Quin is a fast-growing, upwardly mobile company. In 2017, the business acquired Dutch adhesives company Belu and in 2019, added the Gekko brand to its portfolio. As part of this exciting trend for growth and innovation, Quin is seeking to recruit a Group Financial Controller to provide the necessary strategic financial oversight and direction to underpin its future plans.
Reporting directly to the Group Finance Director, the Group Financial Controller will be responsible for all the daily cut-and-thrust financial operations. This will include managing the finance team, delivering monthly management accounts, conducting variance analysis and providing relevant, incisive commentary to the Board which will be used to capitalise on opportunities and drive performance.
Quin Global is looking for an individual well-versed in the principles of continuous improvement, combining visionary goal setting with pragmatic management skills to optimise existing processes and systems for the good of the company. This will include the ability to support the Group Finance Director in budgeting and forecasting processes as well as ad-hoc reporting on specific sites and customers.
This is an exciting role for an ambitious, driven individual to join a dynamic and entrepreneurial business in the Central Belt of Scotland. It offers the right person an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the key drivers of a business, learning directly from the Group Finance Director and developing the key skills required to be a part of the company’s future succession planning as well as its long-term financial and business success.
Who is the right person?
It is likely that the right individual for this role is already working in industry with at least 5 years post-qualification experience.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a demanding commercial environment where they will be expected to produce frequent, varied reports for the Board based customers across a wide variety of industries and regions.
It is essential that the successful candidate is able to work at pace while also communicating clearly with their line manager and the wider business. Above all this person must be a team player; ready to take hands-on ownership of day-to-day finance functions and proactive in their approach to initiatives or tasks that may not necessarily be written in their job description. In return, the successful candidate will benefit greatly from the chance to work closely with the Group Finance Director, and also to partner with and influence key stakeholders within the business.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant CA/ACCA/CIMA
- 3-5 years post-qualification experience
- Background in manufacturing or FMCG environment desired but not essential
- Experienced in the use of modern financial ERP systems
- Advanced Excel skills
- Self-motivated to deliver under pressure and to specific deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Hands on approach and willing to handle a broad range of financial matters
- High level of organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing abilities
- Desire and drive to take ownership of managing the Finance team and their daily operations
- Experience of working in a high growth environment would be beneficial
The challenge of the Group Financial Controller role will be to produce high quality financial reporting whilst working at pace in an environment that is constantly evolving to meet the demands of the business.
The successful candidate will need to be able to cope with uncertainty and add credibility through clear communication to Board and leadership team.
Reporting directly to the Group Finance Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the day-to-day Finance Team
- Preparation of the group’s monthly management accounts and board pack including commentaries in line with the month end timetable
- Prepare year end accounts files for the auditors compliant with the up-to-date standards and support statutory audits and reviews
- Maintain Key Business Variance Analysis and commentary, and key metrics
- Supporting the Group Finance Director with key statutory adjustments, accounting standard changes and other technical accounting
- Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasts
- Supporting the Group Finance Director with preparing the annual and quarterly budgets and reviewing with senior management
- Assist departmental heads to manage, control and deliver upon their budgets and targets
- Provide support for department heads to assess the financial implications of not achieving targets
- Promote a continuous improvement approach to business policy and processes, implementing positive change
- Develop ERP system to be more efficient and functional working closely with the business systems manager
- Answer direct and indirect tax activities and queries across the group
- Review and submit VAT returns for all entities (UK & NL)
- Deal with HMRC enquiries
- Prepare and research grant documentation
- Control the finance aspects of the R&D tax credit process annually
- Deal with banking communication and facility arrangements and renewals
- Understanding of cross border VAT and customs rules and declarations
The position of Group Financial Controller will offer a competitive salary dependant on experience plus an excellent benefits package. The organisation is looking to appoint on a full- time permanent basis and the office premises are in Perth although remote working will also play a part of the role.
Please do not hesitate to contact Peter Coghlan on 07563 02 86 82 for a private & confidential discussion or email email@example.com.
All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’.