iMultiply is exclusively engaged by this rapidly growing, outdoor tourism and leisure business in their search for a Group Financial Controller based in Glasgow on a full-time basis. Hybrid working is available for this role.
A dynamic, owner managed business, this company is aiming to achieve B-Corp status, is already surpassing pre-Pandemic turnover and is on track to triple revenue by 2026. Based in central Glasgow, this company is expanding internationally with a flexible, modern and collaborative culture, striving to be a positive force for people and the planet.
The Group Financial Controller’s purpose is to ensure strong accounting and reporting throughout the group, including overseeing and monitoring an effective control environment and providing strategic information and advice to the management team.
The Group Financial Controller will support the Finance Director and will focus on 3 key aspects:
- Finance / Business processes – ensure the business can facilitate significant annual growth.
- Group governance – ensure appropriate controls are in place to protect the Group and its assets.
- Internal and external reporting to key stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ownership and development of a finance function, including group reporting, management reporting, tax and treasury.
- Internal reporting, including consolidated monthly management accounts, and ad hoc reporting to business with the ability to refresh and develop reporting to ensure it remains insightful and fit for purpose.
- External reporting, including drafting of board packs and management of reporting to lenders, investors, and other key external stakeholders.
- Day-to-day relationships with banks, including covenant compliance and robust cash forecasting.
- Managing the budgeting, forecasting, and planning process.
- Management of external audit and development and documentation of strong internal controls framework to support rapid future growth.
- Maintenance of up-to-date technical knowledge of accounting standards within the team – ownership of group and subsidiary accounting policies.
- Implementing robust financial systems and developing policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
- Ensuring legal and regulatory documentation is filed and monitoring internal controls and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Ownership of statutory accounts and tax filings in the UK and overseas.
- Treasury management, including multi-currency group.
- Directing and controlling finance staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated, trained, and able to succeed and develop in their roles.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Holder of a recognised accountancy qualification (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA etc.),
- Strong financial, accounting, and managerial skills.
- Exceptional levels of technical accounting knowledge coupled with the desire and ability to be the ‘subject matter expert’.
- A proven track record in group structures operating with multi-currencies.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Experience in developing teams.
- A track record of coming up with and implementing great ideas that deliver results.
- The ability to manage external stakeholders.
- Good communicator, planner, and organiser.
- Strong ability to implement and monitor internal controls.
- Ability to be the ‘right hand’ person to the Finance Director.
- Resilient, flexible and positive attitude.
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis with a salary from £60,000 to £70,000 depending on experience.
Further to the salary this role comes with the offer of a 10% bonus, 33 days holiday, discounted package holidays and a range of other benefits.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’.
If you like the look of this vacancy and think you could perform the role, but, you don't think you meet all the requirements, please DO APPLY for this opportunity. Data shows that certain groups, mainly women and people from Black and Minority communities, are less likely to apply for jobs where they don't meet 100% of role requirements. iMultiply would encourage you to apply for roles where there is room for development and growth."
For more information on this Group Financial Controller position please contact Stuart Cadger at our Glasgow Office.
M: 07732 499 307