iMultiply is engaged by one of the largest FMCG businesses in Scotland in their search for a Financial Accountant based in Lanarkshire on a full-time basis. This role will be required to work on site full time and study support is available.
A true market leader, this company has an outstanding, globally recognised brand driving this diverse and complex organisation. Their track record for staff retention and internal promotion is second to none. With a rich, decades long history of operations and following significant recent investment in infrastructure, the company is currently undergoing a period of significant change, of which finance is at the core. This change and modernisation strategy has resulted in the creation of this new role within the finance team.
This Financial Accountant will report into the Senior Financial Accountant and with an open and flat culture, will also be regularly interacting and learning from their experienced colleagues, Head of Finance, Finance Director and CFO.
Working within the group finance team, the role will be responsible for supporting the preparation of the group financial statements, ensuring accuracy is achieved through adherence to robust financial control framework including process creation, monitoring and refinement, financial review, and reconciliations. The role will also incorporate a significant focus on regulatory compliance, supporting the financial function with both audit and tax duties.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts,
- Reviewing and posting accruals and prepayments,
- Balance sheet analysis and reconciliations,
- Management and development of 2 assistant accountants,
- Group consolidation,
- Monthly VAT returns,
- Supporting group audit and tax requirements,
- Assisting with the group budgeting process and re-forecasting,
- Reviewing the work of direct reports and helping them to develop,
- Developing and documenting controls and processes,
- Reviewing and maintaining Fixed Asset registers,
- Managing and reviewing Hire Purchase.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- A strong understanding of financial accounting, ideally gained within an FMCG environment,
- Degree in accountancy or a similar relevant qualification,
- Holder of / or studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification,
- Experience of ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Navision,
- Strong level of IT literacy, particularly Excel.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Be an engaged team player, both within and out with a finance context,
- Demonstrate a tenacity to drive process, financial control, and review,
- Have a strong process focus, a logical approach, and strong analytical ability,
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset combined with a high level of proactivity.
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis with a salary up to £45,000 depending on experience. This role will operate full time on site in Lanarkshire to support the operations of the business.
Further to the salary this role comes with the offer of full study and exam support, 31 days holiday and 8 times salary death in service life insurance.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’.
If you like the look of this vacancy and think you could perform the role, but, you don't think you meet all the requirements, please DO APPLY for this opportunity. Data shows that certain groups, mainly women and people from Black and Minority communities, are less likely to apply for jobs where they don't meet 100% of role requirements. iMultiply would encourage you to apply for roles where there is room for development and growth."
For more information on this Management Accountant position please contact Stuart Cadger at our Glasgow Office.
M: 07732 499 307