iMultiply is retained by MadeBrave®, a global strategic brand agency, in their search for a Finance Manager based in Glasgow on a full-time basis. Remote and agile working options are available in this role.
This award winning global strategic brand agency is a creative & innovative business with offices across the UK. They regularly work on variety of projects with a diverse portfolio of clients that include many well-known blue-chip organisations.
This is an owner managed business with a hands-on leadership team who pride themselves on offering their workforce the trust, respect and freedom, to work in a way that suits them best. This allows the talented and creative workforce to be their true selves at work, fostering a brave, innovative and unique culture they all take great pride in.
Approaching their 10th anniversary, this company is set to double their turnover this financial year and are on track to do so again by 2024. This impressive, remarkable yet deliberate and considered growth is forcing the organization to innovate and upgrade its processes, systems and internal structure.
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity for someone with ambitions of becoming a Finance Director. You will join a growing business and take ownership and responsibility for the development and growth of the finance function. This will be achieved with support, guidance, and mentorship of a highly experienced consultant Finance Director.
The significant growth in the past, present, and future has necessitated the addition of a Finance Manager to take full responsibility for the finance function. This will be a position with a high degree of visibility within the organization.
The Finance Manager will play a vital role in ensuring the continued smooth running of the operational finance function, development of the existing team of two as well as the implementation and upgrading of processes and systems. This role will be ideally suited to someone willing to both roll their sleeves up, getting hands on where required while also providing commercial and strategic support to the leadership team and the board.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the delivery of all elements of operational finance and assisting where necessary.
- Line management responsibility for the current team of two.
- Providing commercial and strategic commentary to the leadership team and board.
- Evaluation and assessment of finance systems, structure, and processes with respect to their appropriateness for current and future requirements.
- Taking accountability for the development of financial and management information reporting, including necessary systems upgrades and dashboard development.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or qualified by experience.
- Working knowledge and experience of operational finance daily processing including reporting on cashflow, forecasts and month end.
- Line management experience.
- Experience of the strategic, commercial implications of billing by the hour.
- An appreciation of the role of finance and data in a business with experience of financial report and dashboard development.
- Excited to join a fun, vibrant and outgoing team culture.
- Proactive self-starter with ambitions of taking responsibility of a finance function and making a tangible impact on a growing SME.
Ability to demonstrate the following would be advantageous:
- Experience of the challenges faced by agency business’s
- Microsoft 365 software including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and advanced functions in Excel.
- Proficiency with Xero and Float software.
- M&A experience.
- Multi-currency experience.
This Finance Manager role is offered on a full time, permanent basis with a salary of £40,000 to £50,000 based on experience. Fully flexible working is available though some attendance at the Central Glasgow office may be required from time to time. Further package details are as follows:
- Discretionary bonus scheme with most people receiving a wage increase or bonus in their first year.
- Completely flexible working (freedom, trust and respect)
- Regular employee day trips
- Beer o'clock meetings
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to exceed holiday allowance at no cost, based on performance
- Statutory pension
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’.
For more information on this Finance Manager position please contact
Stuart Cadger at our Glasgow Office.
M: 07732 499 307