iMultiply is retained by Spruce Carpets in their search for a Finance Manager based in Govan, Glasgow, on a full time permanent basis. Agile working options are available for this role.
Based in Govan, Glasgow and established in 2005, Spruce Carpets is Scotland’s only carpet re-use and recycling social enterprise.
Spruce Carpets is a community-based social enterprise with a mission of tackling poverty in Scotland. They help people on low incomes secure access to low-cost flooring, helping turn houses into warm and comfortable homes. They also provide training and volunteering opportunities for people who have been excluded from the labour market and want to work.
An award winning, revenue generating social enterprise, Spruce Carpets provide consumers and businesses with high quality flooring at low prices by working with their commercial flooring partners to source new, post-manufacture materials, diverting these from landfill. Spruce Carpets generally diverts over 100 tonnes of floor coverings from being sent to landfill each year by selling brand new roll ends/remnants of carpets and vinyl, and by re-claiming re-use carpet tiles from offices. In addition, Spruce Carpets are fully accredited holders of REVOLVE (Scotland’s national re-use quality standard sponsored by Zero Waste Scotland).
Well on their way to becoming a £1m+ turnover enterprise with ambitions of more than doubling turnover in the next few years, and expanding into a small group structure, it is an exciting time to join this outstanding organisation.
The role of Finance Manager is very much a hands-on position that requires an individual with strong accountancy and finance experience. With sound commercial skills, they will be confident and credible when discussing detailed financial/business plans with potential future investors and grant funders.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Finance Manager will play a leading role in helping the Enterprise to develop and grow. The role will have primary responsibility for the following:
- Managing and developing our current financial regulations and underpinning systems and processes.
- Producing the annual budget, monthly management accounts and overseeing the preparation and submission of statutory accounts in accordance with legislative and regulatory practices.
- Ensuring the highest standard of internal financial control and risk management.
- Working alongside with the CEO, develop a robust financial investment model for Spruce.
On a day to day basis, key tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Preparation, provision, and control of budgetary, management and annual account information.
- Maintenance of cash, debtor, and creditor management processes.
- Ensure robust and regular Bank reconciliations in line with the above.
- Ensure robust processes are in place relating to purchase and sales ledger management.
- Provide oversight of out-sourced payroll arrangements.
- Preparation and submission of timely returns to HMRC via payroll and VAT returns.
- Provide relevant financial data to CEO as required.
- Lead on preparation of annual budgets and periodic reforecasting.
- Liaison with external auditors, preparation of annual audit file and co-ordination of year-end processes within agreed timetables.
- Provide a positive senior manager role model for staff and volunteers.
- Day-to-day management of finance assistant.
- Willingness to accept and respond positively to requests to step outside core role and assist in other areas of the business on an ad-hoc basis and where necessary for the efficient running of the Enterprise.
From a funding perspective the Finance Manager will be required to:
- Develop relationships with investors and provide funder reporting and information packs including covenants, KPI’s, Management Information as required.
- To maintain existing financial modelling format and be able to present overview and scenarios to key stakeholders.
- To prepare/contribute to the preparation of Board reports as required.
- To lead on the financial element of due diligence exercises with potential funders ensuring timely responses to queries.
This Finance Manager role is offered on a full time, permanent basis with a salary of £30,000. Though this role is offered at full time, part time and agile working requirements will also be considered. The working model will initially require full time attendance at their office in Govan, though agile and home working will be available after system and process enhancements facilitate this.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
For more information on this Financial Controller position please contact Stuart Cadger at our Glasgow Office.
M: 07732 499307