iMultiply are delighted to be retained on an excellent opportunity to join Blackwood as a permanent Finance Manager based in Edinburgh city centre offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
This is a housing association responsible for supporting 1700 social rented homes and provide management services to over 2000 owners. These homes are located across more than 360 closes, with a mix of tenures, owners, commercial units and other factoring providers.
The Finance Manager is a key position within the senior management team, reporting to the Director of Finance. The successful candidate will be a proven business partner who is able to support the organisation to ensure a long-term sustainable future through the delivery of its Business Plan.
Bringing the right qualities and experience as an influencing and inspiring manager the Finance Manager will continue the development of the Finance Team through coaching, training and building expertise to support the delivery of the Business Plan.
The position of Finance Manager will offer a salary of up to £47,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package. The organisation is looking to appoint on a full- time permanent basis and the office premises are located in central Glasgow, although flexible, hybrid working will also play a big part of the role.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
Manage the finance team to support the delivery of the Business Plan.
- Ensure the Finance function is efficiently managed, including production of returns, ensuring compliance with any conditions; production of timely and accurate budgets and accounts; effective treasury management, and the provision of an effective financial management and financial planning service.
- Act as a member of the Senior Management Team and deputise for the Director of Finance as required.
- Ensure a high standard of preparation and presentation of all financial information to Senior Management, Committees and Boards and other forums as required.
- Advise and support the Director of Finance on all aspects of financial management and planning.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of the association's policies including those relating to health and safety, emergency procedures, equal opportunities, code of conduct and disciplinary procedure, and service standards.
Preparation of management information to support the delivery of the business plan:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and quarterly re-forecasting.
- Continuous development of financial management information.
- Monitor and manage the cash position to ensure the continual compliance with all banking covenants, maintaining banking relationships.
Participate in the development and review of strategic plans for Blackwood.
- Lead on the revenue and capital budgeting and 5-year financial plan process.
- Support colleagues in financial planning for current and future activities, including developing forecasting tools, option appraisals, and reporting systems.
- Support the delivery of operational plans to maximise the financial return on investment.
Internal Controls and Audit
Ensure financial management arrangements comply fully with legal, contractual, regulatory and audit requirements.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate financial policies, procedures and control measures are in place.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and act as a key contact with the External Auditors.
- Managing the insurance claims and renewals with the Property Investment Manager to minimise any financial impact.
- Ensure that all aspects regarding payroll are complied with and that employees are paid correctly and on time.
- Maintain competence including relevant financial regulation through CPD.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties consistent with the scope and purpose of the post as may be instructed by the Director of Finance.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following experience:
- Fully qualified Accountant – ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA
- Well versed in both management and financial accounting,
- Treasury management,
- People management experience,
- Ability to engage, interact and influence senior stakeholders,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’.
If you like the look of this vacancy and think you could perform the role, but, you don't think you meet all the requirements, please DO APPLY for this opportunity. Data shows that certain groups, mainly women and people from Black and Minority communities, are less likely to apply for jobs where they don't meet 100% of role requirements. iMultiply would encourage you to apply for roles where there is room for development and growth."
For further information and a confidential chat, please contact Stuart Cadger at our Glasgow office.
M: 07732 499307