A well-known, leading Chartered Accountancy firm is looking to recruit a Finance Assistant in Glasgow. This role is ideally suited to a candidate who wants to develop and progress within a finance role.
This is an exciting time to join this accountancy firm as they are in a period of growth and are expanding all teams across their Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast offices. This company employs around 250 members of staff across several offices and has a wide range of client portfolios.
As a Finance Assistant, you will support the Management Accountant with other key processes within the wider finance team, such as month end reporting, and process improvements, as well as general finance administration duties.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Daily Income Audit, including revenue and ledger review and balancing.
- Processing/review of purchase invoices, and assisting with preparation of supplier payment runs, in line with agreed timescales and with appropriate approvals.
- General maintenance of the purchase ledger, including reconciling supplier statements, regular review of Aged Creditor ledgers, and communication with key stakeholders on any unresolved issues.
- Daily bank reconciliations, ensuring all reconciling items are investigated and resolved, and regular communication with key stakeholders on any unresolved issues.
- Managing internal/external queries to resolution through investigation, reconciliation, and escalation.
- Key support to the Management Accountant, including regular communication of matters pertaining to hotel portfolio, ad-hoc accounting duties, and assisting with month-end closing activities.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Transactional finance experience essential, AP & Bank experience desired.
- Proactive self-starter with ability to problem solve.
- Organising and prioritising work to meet reporting deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of IT literacy, including strong Excel skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of Business Central highly desirable.
- Hotel knowledge would be advantageous.
The role of Finance Assistant will offer a salary of £23,000 - £26,000 plus benefits and excellent progression potential for the right candidate.
- Full payment of Private Healthcare for you and your family
- Private Dental Care
- Workplace pension
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Ongoing personalised coaching and mentoring programmes to maximise your potential
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid sick leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- The role will offer hybrid working and flexible working hours.
If you would like to have a private and confidential chat regarding this position, then please do not hesitate to email Alex Hill at email@example.com, or alternatively, you can call on 07563028681.
If you like the look of this vacancy and think you could perform the role, but, you don't think you meet all the requirements, please DO APPLY for this opportunity. Data shows that certain groups, mainly women and people from BIPOC communities, are less likely to apply for jobs where they don't meet 100% of role. iMultiply would encourage you to apply for roles where there is room for development and growth.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's protected characteristic.