iMultiply are retained on the position of Digital Accounting Specialist with Accountability.
Accountability is a small, fast-growing and knowledgeable, professional team of accounting professionals providing bespoke outsourced finance solutions. Their services include bookkeeping, advice on accounting software, management reporting, VAT, payroll, auto-enrolment, in house training provision. They love getting into the nitty-gritty - to ensure their customers’ data is accurate and reliable. Committed to continuous CPD, they are enthusiastic about delivering useful, meaningful information, which allows their customers to make informed decisions. Accountability specialises in Xero advisory work, clean-ups and consultation on accounting automation. Their clients love what they do - and because of continued and substantial growth in this area, they are now looking to expand their team.
The role of Digital Accounting Specialist has been created to capitalise and build on the business's recent growth, specifically around project work. These projects range from Xero advisory work to cleansing and analysing clients’ data. Working with business owners to ensure they are able to make more informed decisions, delivering the data they want and need to know. The role reports directly to the business’ Managing Director and presents an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious, fast-growing Firm with exciting growth plans. The business is looking to increase headcount by over 300% in the next 5 years and this role offers an opportunity to progress to Director level and obtain profit share and equity in the medium term.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead on project delivery – transforming and modernising financial systems for our client base
- Proactively agree with clients the important financials desirable to grow and develop their businesses – and identify how this impacts the data entry for their accounts processing and – crucially, how this can be delivered.
- Take practical steps to reconcile brought forward figures and identify and resolve any pre-existing issues with integrations or in current data entry practices.
- Ensure that operational processes are documented as process maps, and subsequently handed over either to the client or to our own Virtual Finance Team.
- Identify potential integrations which may be beneficial to the client’s finance process – which may require the post-holder to assess unfamiliar software with a view to leading on implementation.
- Ensure that all delivery is compliant and demonstrates a sound understanding of the importance of financial control.
- Engage in new business activities, attending meetings with prospective and existing clients, completing Xero health checks and reviews and subsequent preparation of project proposals.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following attributes and experience:
- Professionally qualified with an accountancy body and ideally experienced across a broad range of business types
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of competency in transactional recording in Xero
- Fully conversant with commonly used Xero apps – being able to distinguish Float from Fathom and Soldo from Spotlight and be skilled in implementing new software
- Passionate about the purpose of accounting and be able to communicate and deliver a vision of what a set of accounts can do. You will also need to be able to clearly identify the means of transforming often incomplete numbers into robust financials
- Professional, friendly and engaging. This role requires the post-holder to communicate with clients in a meaningful way about their businesses, and also internally to support and engage with other members of the team
- Organised. The post-holder will need to scope out projects, engaging with other team members to assist in delivery where required and ensuring that projects are turned out for clients as planned
- Prepared to roll up their sleeves. They are a small (but growing) team – and support is available, but you will need to demonstrate an appetite to get stuck in.
The position of Digital Accounting Specialist will offer a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits, including a CPD budget for each employee, tailored to their own personal development. The business is looking to appoint on a full-time, permanent basis and their offices are located in Edinburgh, although hybrid working will be an option for this role.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Gareth Spowart at firstname.lastname@example.org
All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons