Are you looking for the "right role" with an interesting company that cares about its people?
How about a truly flexible, people centred culture, an extremely high growth journey already underway and the stability, opportunities and backing of one of the largest companies in the world!?
iMultiply is assisting this global manufacturing plc in their search for a Cost Accountant during this period of rapid growth and expansion. Based out of their premises in Lanarkshire, the Cost Accountant will be pivotal in facilitating the finance function as a true business partner to the manufacturing operation. If you have experience of all things cost, stock and inventory from a manufacturing setting, please get in touch and see below for further information.
Part of one of the largest organisations in the world, the UK entity is currently undergoing significant growth as part of a consolidation of global operations to their new site in Scotland. The culture is high performing yet outputs focussed, empowering people to work where and when best suits them and the business. You will not be expected to wear a shirt and tie but you will be expected to be ambitious, proactive, solutions driven and a genuine team player.
This role will be responsible for all aspects relating to the cost accounting of the UK's new manufacturing location in Scotland. This includes ensuring accurate recording of costs, close monitoring of material cost spend and production costing, control of inventory records as well as related analysis and reporting, in accordance with all the applicable companies procedures.
The role will have primary responsibility for the following:
- Responsible for proper recording, reporting, analysis and review of plant manufacturing costs and key performance measurements (operational and financial), in compliance with group and statutory regulations,
- Developing and maintaining annual labor and overhead rates that minimise operational variances,
- Review of Purchase Price Variances, Price/Cost and Net Material Inflation,
- Responsible for proper reporting of Inventory for both Financials (correct valuation of RAW, WIP and FG, incl. inventory provisions and leading the physical inventory process from a Finance standpoint), as well as inventory planning in the forecasts & budgets,
- Key active role in JDE testing and set-up – Is the Finance lead for inventory,
- Communicates effectively with local, European and Business Unit management.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A relevant Accountancy qualification (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or the ability to demonstrate ongoing and active pursuit of the same,
- Costing and inventory experience,
- Experience of leading or taking a significant role in stock takes,
- A solid understanding of stock/inventory valuation methodologies
- Experience of standard costing work, stock controls, stock valuations and purchase price variance analysis.
It would be beneficial if the candidate has:
- 3-5 years experience from a manufacturing setting,
- Knowledge of HFM, JD Edwards and Oracle,
- Experience of inter-company cost transfers,
- Experience of US GAAP, CARI and CARII reporting requirements.
This role offers a salary up to £50,000, flexible hours and flexible working philosophy, based on a 37.5h work week.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’.
For more information on this Cost Accountant position please contact Stuart Cadger at our Glasgow Office.
M: 07732 499 307