A Glasgow based accountancy firm basedre are looking for a highly motivated Corporate Tax Senior to join their well established and growing tax team. There is opportunity for career study support (ATT & CTA or ICAS) and excellent career progression.
You will be working with a well established and prestige large independent chartered accountancy firm and will be part of the tax compliance team in Glasgow. This accountancy practice offers a full range of services including Audit, Tax, Business Services, Corporate Finance and Payroll.
You will be responsible for your own portfolio of clients from a variety of sectors and you will provide them with tax compliance services and assistance with advisory projects on occasion. You will have full support as you progress through your professional qualifications, receiving a wide variety of experience along the way. You will be mentored and developed by a team with a wealth of skills and knowledge, who will strive to provide you with all the support you will need.
The duties of this role include:
· Responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs for a portfolio of clients.
· Preparation and submission of Corporate Tax Returns and associated tax computations.
· Communicating with HMRC regularly.
· Responsible for delivery of quality advice and be capable of dealing with ad hoc client issues
· Supporting Manager and Partners in ad hoc advisory work.
· Working collaboratively with other departments in the firm.
· Coach and mentor more junior members of staff, including support for their training and development, both formally and informally, in line with the people strategy.
· Delegate work as appropriate to the rest of the team.
· Complete all administration in a timely manner (including timesheets and fees) and to a high standard.
· Demonstrate the firm’s values at all times.
· Assist in any reasonable manner to achieve the requirements of the firm and the business goals.
You will be given the opportunity to work towards your tax qualifications (ATT/CTA or ICAS) which will be included within your benefits package. You will gain strong support from a strong regional tax practice comprising experienced tax professionals; one of the largest in Scotland. You will receive:
- Competitive salary paying up to £30,000 P.A
- Working from home opportunities available
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
- Excellent working environment
- Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
The Person should be:
- An enthusiastic and ambitious individual ready to start a career in tax or, take the next step in their tax career
- Relevant previous experience required within professional services. Professional qualifications - either qualified/part qualified (ATT/CTA, ICAS, ACCA).
- Work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Effective team working skills
- Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and apply own initiative.
- Accurate decision making
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels
- IT literate; excellent working knowledge of IT systems and applications