The Blockchain technology market is predicted to grow from USD 7 Billion in 2022 to USD 163 Billion in 2029.
It is in a dynamic and fascinating industry and this could be your chance to be part of it.
iMultiply are partnering with NOVA Finance to recruit a Chief Operating Officer. NOVA is a non-custodial asset management protocol founded in 2021 by Adam Greenberg and Tom Sichel. Having secured $3m in funding, the business is ready to take its next steps and the Chief Operating Officer will play a crucial role in the success of the organisation.
With NOVA still in its operational infancy, the Chief Operating Officer’s (COO) role within the first 6 months will consist of laying the foundation of the core workstreams. It is envisaged the process for each workstream to consist of:
- Review existing capabilities, processes, and capacity
- Identify areas requiring additional resource, specifying what is necessary
- Produce detailed implementation plans for delivering these, with associated timelines
- Review plans with senior leadership and advisory board members, culminating in Board approval
- Monitor and revise where necessary to ensure the plans continue to meet the desired outcomes.
For each core workstream, below are the specific objectives that NOVA need to address in the first six months:
- Ensuring there is a robust set of tools that allow NOVA to send, convert and receive fiat and crypto assets
- A robust and well-defined accounting system across multiply currencies and formats (fiat, stablecoins, crypto assets)
- A robust process and software to budget effectively and project expenses and revenue
- Finalise treasury management policy and being a participant with consensus orientated fund management
Legal & Compliance
- Organising the formation of key legal documentation such as employment contracts; anything required to protect and support NOVA team members, partnerships, or customers
- Identifying compliance requirements across the business and producing actionable steps for implementation, particularly with Product & Marketing
- Developing agile review and approval processes for activity within the business that may have legal or compliance risks
- Developing routines and resource to monitor potential future legal and compliance risks and recommend modifications and strategy to relevant areas within NOVA
- Manage any possible HR orientated issues in the short term
- Developing HR policy
- Allocating resource to ensure a sustainable and scalable HR system in the longer term
- Developing implementation strategies for analytics and data capture that provide detailed insight in the company statis, particularly around elements that contribute towards OKR’s and company targets
- Designing and implementing techniques to monitor team member performance
- Ensuring that data is transparent and flows freely to intended destinations to allow for effective collaboration and decision making
- Working with experts to produce official security protocols across the business, particularly in the areas of fund management, product, and personnel security
- Implementing routine and process to review and maintain security standards
Additionally, the COO will:
- Provide input on wider company strategy and timelines
- Hold others accountable and ensure NOVA remains on track with its objectives
- Consider the medium to long-term ensuring NOVA is well equipped to deal with potential hurdles
- Monitor risk factors across the entire business and take mitigating measures
- Help identify areas for improvement within NOVA and implement training, development, and mentorship activities
- Advise and support the implementation of initiatives and projects undertaken by the Founders and Senior Leadership Team
- Help foster a positive culture and values within NOVA
The ideal candidate will have had exposure to a demanding start-up environment and will have played a key part in the ‘build’ of a company. They will display exceptional leadership qualities and have a proven track record of inspiring and motivating others, across multi-functional teams and ideally multi-geographic locations.
It will be essential that the COO has a track record of building infrastructure, implementing financial systems, and operating procedures to enable growth, mitigate risk and create efficiency. Experience of working within a blockchain or cryptocurrency would be ideal but not essential.
The successful candidate will be a driven and agile self-starter with an innovative mindset for adding significant value to a company. Experience in the banking or Fintech sectors would be preferred.
As important as the technical skills, it is vital that the successful candidate fits with the NOVA ethos and culture and has a strong passion for the company and the industry. Exceptional people leadership skills, self-awareness and can-do attitude will be the key to achieving in this role.
Alongside a highly competitive base salary, there is also a home office set-up allowance and access to the options pool which could be highly lucrative as the firm grows.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. We will treat everyone equally and not discriminate based on an individuals protected characteristic.
Please contact Kris Flanagan, Managing Director on 07521 500 002 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion about the role.