iMultiply is working in partnership with a family owned accountancy practice based in the West End of Glasgow, that is looking for an Accounts Senior to join its team.
The firm provides accounting and consulting services to a wide range of businesses and individuals across Glasgow and Scotland, with a particular specialism in the third sector (not for profit sector)
You will be allocated your own group of clients across a range of sectors ranging from individual property landlords, sole traders, limited companies, social enterprises and registered charities. You will have responsibility for some clients through the whole of their annual financial cycle, from budgeting to support with bookkeeping, preparation of management accounts and annual statutory accounts.
This role will involve the following main areas of work:
- Direct responsibility for a range of clients’ desktop and cloud based accounting systems including remote management from our office, and on-site with clients (main systems are Sage, Xero, QuickBooks)
- Completion of month-end procedures including bank and balance sheet reconciliations, VAT returns etc.
- Preparation of regular management information including budgets, management accounts, cash flow forecasts and analytical review of accounts for clients’ senior management and board
- Preparation of annual accounts (FRS105 and FRS102) and corporation tax returns for limited companies
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for charities including independent examination and preparation of an examination evidence file
- Preparing annual accounts for statutory audit by external auditors, including full audit file and working papers
- Preparation of sole trader and partnership accounts, and personal tax computations and returns
- Providing training to clients in the use of accounting software, setting up new accounting systems or improving existing systems, procedures and controls
- Managing client relationships, meeting deadlines and expectations, and flexibly managing a varied workload each month
- Handling client queries in a timely and attentive manner and attending and presenting accounts at client meetings including at board level
- Supporting junior staff including trainees and support staff
- Working directly with the partner on complex matters and special projects (e.g. Creative Industries Tax Relief campaign)
- Our firm operates a true four day week meaning you will work four days while being paid for five, provided individual and team targets are achieved.
The ideal candidate will be someone who works well as part of a small team and has the initiative and motivation required to manage a group of clients with varying deadlines and requirements.
In this role you will experience a broader range of client engagements and responsibilities than would be expected at a larger firm, with support and collaboration from all colleagues including partner level.
You will be provided with ongoing training and continuous professional development opportunities appropriate to the requirements of your qualification.
The Firm is seeking a person who has experience working in an accounting practice, managing their own clients.
Experience of accounts production software (e.g. IRIS) and the main accounting software products (Sage, Xero, QuickBooks etc.) will be beneficial.
A true four day working week, with the office being closed on Thursdays, and all staff working a 30 hour week with no change to salaries, provided targets are met.
The role comes with a competitive basic salary as well as and extensive benefits package consisting of:
- 7% paid by employer, 5% employee contribution (total 12%)
- 20 days // 10 public holidays // 30 days total
- Free lunch from a local café is provided daily
- Monthly office pilates and subsidised gym membership
- Generous CPD budget and opportunities for training and development
The firm is also proud to be certified as a B Corp Business
For further information and a highly confidential discussion please contact Alex Allen on 07719 108230 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like the look of this vacancy and think you could perform the role, but, you don't think you meet all the requirements, please DO APPLY for this opportunity. Data shows that certain groups, mainly women and people from BIPOC communities, are less likely to apply for jobs where they don't meet 100% of role. iMultiply would encourage you to apply for roles where there is room for development and growth.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's protected characteristic.