iMultiply are retained on the position of Accounts Senior with Accountability.
Accountability is a small, fast growing and knowledgeable team of accounting professionals providing bespoke outsourced finance solutions. Their services include bookkeeping, advice on accounting software, management reporting, VAT, payroll, auto-enrolment, in house training provision. They love getting into the nitty gritty - to ensure their customers’ data is accurate and reliable. Committed to continuous CPD, they are enthusiastic about delivering useful, meaningful information, which allows their customers to make informed decisions. Accountability specialises in Xero advisory work, clean-ups and consultation on accounting automation. Their clients love what they do - and because of continued and substantial growth, they are now looking to expand their team.
The role of Accounts Senior will take responsibility for a portfolio of clients, working in partnership with them to understand the mechanics of their businesses and to provide timely and insightful management information. Part of the Firm’s service offering is day to day finance support, you will be responsible for supervising the delivery and progress of this portfolio of clients.
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts, across a specified portfolio of clients.
- Ongoing review of systems and processes, ensuring clients work is delivered in the most meaningful and effective way possible.
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT returns.
- Provision of support around the day-to-day transactional data entry process, carried out either by clients’ teams, or by Accountability colleagues.
- Preparation of working papers, ensuring balance sheet control accounts appropriately reconciled and documenting this appropriately.
- Preparation of appropriate journal entries at period ends to ensure management accounts are meaningful.
- Liaison with external accountants responsible for production of financial statements and tax returns.
- Engage in new business activities, attending meetings with prospective and existing clients.
To be considered for this opportunity you will ideally have the following attributes and experience:
- A strong commitment to excellent customer service, ensuring clients are well informed and that clear goals are agreed and delivered within deadlines.
- Skill in preparing a range of financial reports, including profit and loss, balance sheet, budgets, variance reporting, cashflow reporting and forecasting.
- A clear understanding of the purpose of various financial reports and to be able to communicate this appropriately to clients.
- An up to date understanding of the regulatory environment affecting our varied client base and to be able to ensure compliance.
- An understanding of the benefit and need for robust financial systems and controls and to be able to communicate this effectively to clients.
- An enthusiasm to get the job done. This is a small but growing team – and the post-holder will be required to turn their hands to transactional data entry, assisting with clean-ups and supporting others in the team.
The following are desirable, but not essential:
- A good knowledge of Xero and the Xero App Eco-system, ideally conversant with tools such as Dext Prepare, Futrli, Syft, Float, Approval Max and so on.
- A reasonable understanding of payroll issues. The postholder will not be required to deliver payroll services, although it is helpful to have a working knowledge.
The position of Accounts Senior will offer a salary of £28,000 - £30,000 plus benefits, including a CPD budget for each employee, tailored to their own personal development. The business is looking to appoint on a full- time, permanent basis and their offices are located in Edinburgh, although hybrid working will be an option for this role.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Gareth Spowart at email@example.com
All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's “protected characteristic”